The House Appropriations subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government hears testimony on vulnerabilities in the U.S. elections system WednesdayArlette Remy, 82  “My great granddaughter is five years old, and I look forward to her being a great, successful woman one day,” Remy said. “Maybe even president.”Margaret Rozelle, 71  “I studied architectural engineering, and my classes were almost all just boys,” Rozelle said. “People don’t expect women to be able to do the things men do. It would be such a good thing to have a woman as president and show people that woman can do this too.”Elaine Judkins, 67  “I taught my children the importance of voting because our ancestors -- black ancestors and female ancestors -- died trying to get the right to vote,” Judkins said. “It was amazing to vote for the first black president, and now it’s amazing to vote for the first woman.”Katherine Womack, 74 (left) and Jean Caldwell, 67 (right)  “My father taught me the importance of voting, and I tried to instill that in my children and grandchildren, and great grandchild once he can vote,” Womack said. “I never thought we’d get to vote for a black president so once that happened, I thought anything could happen.  “The more I learn about her and what her record is and what she stands for, the more excited I am about her,” Caldwell said. “Her composure is incredible. I think having her as president will help women in this country be more respected and maybe get equal pay.”Katherine Womack, 74 (left) and Jean Caldwell, 67 (right)  “My father taught me the importance of voting, and I tried to instill that in my children and grandchildren, and great grandchild once he can vote,” Womack said. “I never thought we’d get to vote for a black president so once that happened, I thought anything could happen.  “The more I learn about her and what her record is and what she stands for, the more excited I am about her,” Caldwell said. “Her composure is incredible. I think having her as president will help women in this country be more respected and maybe get equal pay.”Johnnie Douglas, 79  “I always thought I might see a woman president before I leave,” Douglas said. “I worked in food service management at a hospital for 20 years, and then at a public school for another 20. I didn’t have the chance to do the jobs that men do, and knowing that my granddaughter does...I like that.”  “The things Trump is saying are ugly,” Douglas said. “In all my years, I’ve never heard anyone running for president talk like that. In all my years.”Deloris Wright, 73  “I’m so excited to vote for Hillary,” Wright said. “It’s good because we need a woman leader, and we’ve got just about the best one.”  When asked if she thought her life would’ve been different if she’d had a female president to look up to as a child, Wright laughed.    “Oh yes, lordy, we had it bad,” she said. “We didn’t have opportunities like women do now; we didn’t even dream about that.”